Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Quotes About Bravery


Today I like to share some quotation I took from goodreads.

Winston  Churchill
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Winston Churchill

Mark Twain
“It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.”
― Mark Twain

Alexander Hamilton
“He who stands for nothing will fall for anything.”
― Alexander Hamilton

Jim Morrison
“Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.”
― Jim Morrison
Veronica Roth
“A brave man acknowledges the strength of others.”
― Veronica RothDivergent
George R.R. Martin
“Bran thought about it. 'Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?'
'That is the only time a man can be brave,' his father told him.”
― George R.R. MartinA Game of Thrones

Elizabeth Cady Stanton
“The moment we begin to fear the opinions of others and hesitate to tell the truth that is in us, and from motives of policy are silent when we should speak, the divine floods of light and life no longer flow into our souls.”
― Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Mahatma Gandhi
“Let the first act of every morning be to make the following resolve for the day:

- I shall not fear anyone on Earth.
- I shall fear only God.
- I shall not bear ill will toward anyone.
- I shall not submit to injustice from anyone.
- I shall conquer untruth by truth. And in resisting untruth, I shall put up with all suffering.”
― Mahatma Gandhi

J.K. Rowling
“Harry - you're a great wizard, you know."
"I'm not as good as you," said Harry, very embarrassed, as she let go of him.
"Me!" said Hermione. "Books! And cleverness! There are more important things - friendship and bravery and - oh Harry - be careful!”
― J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Oprah Winfrey
“The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams.”
― Oprah Winfrey

Stephen King
“you can, you should, and if you’re brave enough to start, you will.”
― Stephen KingOn Writing

George R.R. Martin
“Fear cuts deeper than swords.”
― George R.R. MartinA Game of Thrones

Christopher Paolini
“Keep in mind that many people have died for their beliefs; it's actually quite common. The real courage is in living and suffering for what you believe.”
― Christopher PaoliniEragon
J.R.R. Tolkien
“Courage is found in unlikely places.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien

Nelson Mandela
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.”
― Nelson Mandela

Meg Cabot
“Being brave is when you have to do something because you know it is right, but at the same time, you are afraid to do it, because it might hurt or whatever. But you do it anyway.”
― Meg CabotAll-American Girl

Christopher Paolini
“Without fear there cannot be courage.”
― Christopher Paolini

Ellen Hopkins
“Taking no chances means wasting your dreams..”
― Ellen HopkinsCrank

Laurell K. Hamilton
“Before I knew you, I thought brave was not being afraid. You've taught me that bravery is being terrified and doing it anyway.”
― Laurell K. HamiltonBlood Noir

Harper Lee
“It was times like these when I thought my father, who hated guns and had never been to any wars, was the bravest man who ever lived.”
― Harper LeeTo Kill a Mockingbird

C. JoyBell C.
“Don't be afraid of your fears. They're not there to scare you. They're there to let you know that something is worth it.”
― C. JoyBell C.
Veronica Roth
“No matter how long you train someone to be brave, you never know if they are or not until something real happens.”
― Veronica RothInsurgent
Andrew Solomon
“Listen to the people who love you. Believe that they are worth living for even when you don't believe it. Seek out the memories depression takes away and project them into the future. Be brave; be strong; take your pills. Exercise because it's good for you even if every step weighs a thousand pounds. Eat when food itself disgusts you. Reason with yourself when you have lost your reason.”
― Andrew SolomonThe Noonday Demon: An Atlas of Depression

Erma Bombeck
“It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else. ”
― Erma Bombeck
Jarod Kintz
“I want to get the words "Courage" and "Bravery" tattooed across my back, so people could associate me with those things as they read them while they chase me.”
― Jarod KintzI Want
Maya Angelou
“I believe that the most important single thing, beyond discipline and creativity is daring to dare.”
― Maya Angelou
Drew Barrymore
“If you don't take risks, you'll have a wasted soul.”
― Drew Barrymore
Mary Tyler Moore
“You can't be brave if you've only had wonderful things happen to you.”
― Mary Tyler Moore
J.R.R. Tolkien
“Living by faith includes the call to something greater than cowardly self-preservation.”
― J.R.R. TolkienThe Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings
Paulo Coelho
“And one has to understand that braveness is not the absence of fear but rather the strength to keep on going forward despite the fear.”
― Paulo Coelho
Mahatma Gandhi
“A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.”
― Mahatma Gandhi
John Quincy Adams
“Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air.”
― John Quincy Adams
C. JoyBell C.
“I am my own biggest critic. Before anyone else has criticized me, I have already criticized myself. But for the rest of my life, I am going to be with me and I don't want to spend my life with someone who is always critical. So I am going to stop being my own critic. It's high time that I accept all the great things about me.”
― C. JoyBell C.
Laurell K. Hamilton
“If you fear nothing, then you are not brave. You are merely too foolish to be afraid.”
― Laurell K. HamiltonSkin Trade
Madeleine L'Engle
“We have to be braver than we think we can be, because God is constantly calling us to be more than we are.”
― Madeleine L'Engle
C. JoyBell C.
“In case you never get a second chance: don't be afraid!" "And what if you do get a second chance?" "You take it!”
― C. JoyBell C.
Cher
“Until you're ready to look foolish, you'll never have the possibility of being great.”
― Cher

No comments:

Post a Comment